Pages

Sunday, July 05, 2015

July 4 and new flooring

Since Opal has diabetes and would stop eating if we went on vacation we are not going anywhere this year. Although I did tell Daron and Addy they could go somewhere and I would hold down the fort. I haven't been alone in the house for 7 years so I figured I could keep myself busy or just relax in the quiet... Anyhow, we decided for our 10 year anniversary to get something we have been wanting forever, dreaming of forever, imagining for our house and family... FLOORING!!!!!!!!!!!! I had some parameters that Daron and I had to work within. It had to be LEED certified as green flooring. I didn't want vapors seeping out especially with me being prone to migraines and my increased sensitivity to smell. I also wanted the best for Addy. I also wanted it to be made in the USA. I figured if I am constantly bitching about all the jobs going to China I might as well walk the walk instead of just talking the talk. Daron found BEAUTIFUL flooring in our budget with all my stipulations. The shipping was a bit pricey but with that figured it in was an awesome deal. It even came with the water, sound barrier attached to the planks and a LIFE TIME warranty. Daron even called to see if we could get a similar flooring from the Salt Lake or LA distribution centers to save on shipping. The guy sent us samples which were all made in China, not LEED certified etc.etc. and when you figure in the padding etc. it didn't save much plus it only had a 25 year warranty. So almost a ton of flooring was shipped to our house last week and we are starting with the bedroom. taking our time and doing it meticulously. 

Fourth of July - with the heat we weren't in the mood to grill or go to the park.  Thank goodness for the clouds it made the parade bearable. Our friends Rachel and Kristen had done the morning Color me Rad run in which colored powder was thrown on the runners.  Hence their rainbowish hue!  My friend Amberly brought her shy dog to expose him to people.  He sniffed Daron's ear and donned a blue necklace. I saw pretty much everyone I know in town.  It is the place to be and be seen.  LOL.  I felt like that was my socializing for the day so we went home and did flooring! wahhoooo.
In over 100 degree heat Addy and I chose to play Bingo

Color Me Rad racers in blue and pink hue!

No comments: