The apricots and cherry plum fruit is ready to harvest. We have a cherry plum tree but we have to ask the neighbors if we can pick the apricots. My favorite. I am going to dry the cherry plums in my dehydrator so I can put them on my oatmeal. I made jam a few years ago but since we don't really eat anything that requires jam I prefer the dehydrator. I found some other ideas too so I am pasting them on this post so I can refer to them.
Cultivated cherry plums can have fruits, foliage, and flowers in any of several colors. Some varieties have sweet fruits that can be eaten fresh, while others are sour and better for making jam.
Cherry plums are a key ingredient in Georgian cuisine where they are used to produce tkemali sauce, as well as a number of popular dishes, such as kharcho soup and chakapuli stew.


No comments:
Post a Comment