Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2015

I Rock! Yes I am tooting my own horn!

I am on the Kanab City Art Council. We are creating an 8 ft by 8 ft mosaic mural to put on the floor of the Performing Arts Terrace.  The problem was we have four folks from the art council ready to glue over 11,000 tiles on 64 12 inch x 12 inch mesh squares.  So we sent out a Facebook event to get the community involved.  That didn't work so great so I called my wonderful friends and included my Kids Art Discovery Class.  About 8 kids participated from my art class but the awesome part was when 27 a Yes TWENTY SEVEN friends came over two days to help!  We actually ran out of tiles and glue.  So when those come in we will finish! My friend Lisha was the first to show up on Friday with her sister in laws, mother in law and kids in tow!  They were having a family reunion.  I yelled " the Calvary is here!"  Saturday was a steady flow of more and more friends showing up to help!


No comments: