Pages

Sunday, January 09, 2011

This was Daron's chest of drawers when he was a kid. Over the years we have used it as a buffet table, tv stand, toy chest, and changing table and it has lived in the bedroom, hallway, living room and dining room. Today it lives in the middle of the kitchen. We use the drawers for food items like pasta, chips, and granola bars. The back was painted with chalk board paint and framed out by Daron. Now Addy can use her chalk board while I am cleaning dishes and making meals. She loves to help in the kitchen so with a step stool she is able to help mix, stir, clean and pour at our "new" and improved kitchen island.


Although the photo quality sucks this shows how Addy is growing and her little face is leaning out. She is growing up so fast!
New Year, New Cooking. Since I started reading a book called Eating Animals I have increased my workload substantially. I now have to cook a meat meal for Daron and a vegetarian meal for me and noodles for Addy. Addy does eat a little of what we eat but not much. Unfortunately, she takes her food ques from Daron. So if he is not thinking he might turn up his nose at say red chard and carrots (see above). Luckily, Addy's friend Braxton loves vegetables and they ate a plate of sugar snap peas yesterday, apples and oranges and carrots! Yippee. Daron did eat vegetable and meat of wheat stir fry the other day. Granted he wasn't as excited as he is when I serve roast or King Ranch Chicken but hey he smiled and chewed and asked for more meat of wheat. Addy ate some rice and vegetables but she was not even gonna try the meat of wheat. I didn't take it personally right now she eats no meat - fake or real!

No comments: