



Addyson’s baby shower was last Saturday (March 15th, 2008). I wasn’t sure how it was going to turn out since Daron and I and all of our friends tend to get excited over puppies and kittens and aren’t exactly sure what to do with a human baby! Luckily, we are all open minded (wink, wink) and our friends are very generous! You see here in Kanab, you really have to plan ahead. The nearest shopping aside from the Grocery Store and Family Dollar is 75 miles away. If you order by mail it takes at least a week for anything to get here. What can I say the horses get tired! Ha. Anyhow, our good friends Jon and Jaime hosted the party at their house and went all out with balloons, pink bubble gum cigars and some wonderful hors d'oeuvres. Jon even made brownies that I had pointed out (ok, dropped a few innocent hints about) on the cover of their Cooking Light magazine! Yummy. Since the boys were invited with the understanding that the Buckskin (the bar in Arizona) was to follow we decided to open the gifts first!
Daron and I were very touched by all of the thought and time people put in to finding the perfect gift for Addyson. The gifts ranged from personalized embroidered blankets with “Addyson” and cats and butterflies, a fancy back pack to carry Addyson on our hikes. I figured I will let Daron do the carrying the 2nd months! Of course, we got many cute outfits adorned with bunnies and puppies and such. Daron and I have already listened to the best lullaby CD’s ever, a Pink Floyd and a Metallica Lullaby CD for babies and their really cool parents. Luckily, we received baby wipes and diapers which was high on my list of things I needed as well as the diaper genie! I think Zeena, our dog, might be disappointed about the diaper genie but that is a whole other story!
One of the husbands, Brian, chose not to visit the bar so he had to stay with the women until the bitter end. Luckily, he had beer to keep him company and a great sense of humor. As you can tell by the photos of us!
2 comments:
The belly contest was fantastic! But I'm not sure how to judge a winner!
I am so sorry I could not be there. I miss you guys.
Post a Comment