



The Sanctuary is absolutely beautiful in the fall. All the leaves are changing colors, the deer are starting to migrate down from the mountains, and the air has a crisp clean feel to it. It has been far too long since I have felt the first sting of cool morning air or smelled fireplaces heating up houses. These photos were taken during the Art Retreat by one of the attendees. I don't have any good photos of all the yellow and orange leaves because I am usually driving when I see them! The turkeys like to hang out in the horse pasture by the old barn. That barn was part of the movie set to "one little indian" an old disney movie. We left the barn up for the horses and because it looks really cool. The turkeys must know we only serve vegetarian food here at the sanctuary because there are ALOT of turkeys around. The photo with the Yurts (pronounced URTS or ERTS) is the area we call Little Lebanon. The Yurts house the cats and the dog shelters are in the background. The Yurts were used as animal hospitals during the Katrina rescue. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment