Pages

Saturday, October 07, 2006











Fall Party on our New Old Table



Our Girls WhINE Night was crashed by Daron and Bill. I guess girl talk is exciting after all. Although by the look on their faces they don't look too thrilled! Marissa and Gabriella made it and "Ella" as we call her was very very good. Our friends Laura, Renee, and Kathi didn't let the "boys" bother them. ha ha.


The most exciting part of the night was using my new old table. I have been wanting an old beat up dining room table with "history" for about 8 years. They are hard to find. Actually, let me rephrase that "They are hard to find at a cheap price." Anyhow, I was talking to the "dog whisperer" who has been here 20 years and who just moved into his new house on the property. A few weeks later he asked if I was still in the market for a table. He had a wooden table in his old trailer that he was going to throw out. It was from an old western movie set. It has a stamp "Fox Film Studios" underneath and a small metal tag on its side. YES I WANTED IT. Whoo hoo. So, you can see the table in the photo. I need to clean it up a bit but I like the worn look. Oh, he also said that the gum underneath the table was there before he got it. He left it because you never know whos it might be. Just think he said "The actors were sitting around and the director yelled "Action" and John Wayne, Paul Newman, or Clint Eastwood had to quickly stick his gum under the table. Yes, I am convinced it is one of those three :)

No comments: