Pages

Thursday, February 09, 2012

Addy's Grandpa Andrews in Texas sent us this email.  WOW. WOW. WOW. What an amazing story with a happy happy ending!!!


We heard some scratching above the ceiling in the guest bedroom
downstairs, so I cut a hole in the ceiling and set a live trap
expecting to catch a racoon or a rock squirrel.
 
To my surprise, I caught a skunk!!!  It was quite a challenge figuring
out how to get him out of the attic and house without spraying, but I
was successful.  I took him way away from here and let him go.
 
It was an Eastern Spotted Skunk - I had never seen that species
before.  Beautiful!!
 
Actually, it was not in the attic, but was in the space between the
ceiling of the lower floor and the floor of the upper floor.  The
space is about 12-14" deep.
 

1 comment:

Kris_Ash_Cos said...

That is crazy. Very cool markings.