Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

So the past two weeks have been interesting. As many of you know I am only working 7 hours a week in the humane education dept. at Best Friends. I wanted to keep my foot in the door so to speak without taking me away from my full time mommy role. Well the Humane Education dept. is officially no longer. So now I am truly a full time mommy! I am sad to see our programs, outreach and communication with the kids, schools and families go but I am sure it will all be ok. Daron is still working for Best Friends and just returned from L.A. He was getting their new offices/shelter/spay neuter clinic set up. He couldn't believe all of the great dogs that were saved from death row. Lots of little dogs and pit bulls. I am so happy that he was able to walk some of the dogs and see how his participation really does save lives.

Since the weather has been more like spring than winter my friend Kim and I took Addy to Zion and Springdale for lunch. It was nice to get a change of scenery and just enjoy the surroundings.


Addy and Bindi on the snuggle blanket.

Her pajama choice.  Hey at least she is brushing her teeth.

I know she is my daughter but her love for dresses, jewelry, sparkles and bling is keeping me on my toes.
I have been trying not to give Addy too much sugar.  She had some in Springdale and totally acted crazy!
 

Up for a good laugh? Here are some Addy quotes. Addy: "I am the boss and you are the bosses helper." Mom: "Ya that seems to be right." While sitting in the car watching squirrels and birds. Mom: "How do squirrels remember where they buried their nuts?" Addy: "Because they have a sense of direction." Addy: "Mommy are you singing that song because of how beautiful I am" Addy: "Do you wish you were as beautiful as me *adorable smile*" At least she doesn't have self esteem issues. Mom: "I am so tired." Addy: "NO YOUR NOT!" Mom: "uh, ok." Addy: "Do this Mom." (somersault) Mom: "I am too old to do that." (never thought I would utter those words.) Addy: "Are you old and moldy?" 
And the BEST ONE to date was when Addy was in the bathroom going potty and Daron was watching a documentary on a murder.  The wrongly accused guy stood up and yelled "You can all go to hell" multiple times.  Daron heard Addy yell "GO TO HELL!  GO TO HELL!"  He never believed me when I told him she picks up on stuff ;)

No comments: