Pages

Saturday, October 08, 2011

I have been watching the housing market closely for 5.5 years.  We have lived here five years.  LUCKILY, in my forty plus years I have learned to always listen to my  mom.  ALWAYS!  So Daron and I waited.  Thank goodness we didn't buy in the high time - paying 200,000 plus for a delapitated modular home for fear that if prices kept rising we would never be able to buy a house. We didn't even plan to buy a house until the last straw broke in our rental house and we decided we were tired of moving furniture every time the roof leaked etc. etc.  It has been a great house though and we consider it home. It is where we lived when I was pregnant, when Addy was born, when we lost Rodeo and where we spent the first five years of our married life.  We want to live in town because I like to walk everywhere and take Addy to the park, play dates and preschool via the baby jogger.  Since it is a small town I am familiar with all of the houses and have a few favorite.  Three of my favorites just happen to be for sale.  The first is a home built in 1912 on a HUGE lot in town.  Unfortunately,  foundation damage and termites have knocked it out of the running. *sniff *sniff.  The second is a stucco house that we actually have a contract on and the third is the house on the hill.  It overlooks all of Kanab and it has awesome two story windows.  All of the houses have issues since they were built in the 70's but they also have some awesome characteristics. 

1912 house. LOVE.
House on hill back yard.

house on hill view from master

house on hill loft

house on hill tiny bedroom - OLD baths too

house on hill back

house on hill drive way

house on hill side view

house on hill front room

house on hill loft
stucco backyard

stucco house

stucco kitchen

stucco living room

No comments: