Jan 31, 2010 Yes our 22 month old daughter has shingles. It sucks. She cannot tell us specifically when she is in pain although she does yell "noooo" when (we assume) she is hurting. She had a stomach bug in December and a cold in January so I am assuming her immune system was weak. She never has had chicken pox but she did have the vaccine in June. Hmmm. The dermatologist gave her an antiviral medication but she threw it up so we have been giving her childrens tylenol for the pain. I think it helps a little. She can at least get a few hours of sleep. I also spoke with our pediatrician since everyone told us "She cannot have shingles." The pediatrician didn't think she had it but saw the photos and changed her mind. It is a classic case. The rash didn't seem to bother her it was the underlying pain that was the worst.Wednesday, February 03, 2010
Jan 31, 2010 Yes our 22 month old daughter has shingles. It sucks. She cannot tell us specifically when she is in pain although she does yell "noooo" when (we assume) she is hurting. She had a stomach bug in December and a cold in January so I am assuming her immune system was weak. She never has had chicken pox but she did have the vaccine in June. Hmmm. The dermatologist gave her an antiviral medication but she threw it up so we have been giving her childrens tylenol for the pain. I think it helps a little. She can at least get a few hours of sleep. I also spoke with our pediatrician since everyone told us "She cannot have shingles." The pediatrician didn't think she had it but saw the photos and changed her mind. It is a classic case. The rash didn't seem to bother her it was the underlying pain that was the worst.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment