




Here are some great photos of Kristy, Addy and my visit to Zion and Bryce Canyon. I had the best time with Kristy. In fact, it was perfect except for the last night. The last night I found out that Kristy and my husband, Daron, are...both REPUBLICANS! The horror! Although it was a shock and a bit unsettling I figured if I can still love Daron then I can still love Kristy. I did however turn into bed early so I could read "The Audacity of Hope" by Barack Obama. Yup, I shuffled off mumbling "I still have hope..."
2 comments:
Audacious Hope
This morning the sun came up, and…
With a creak and a groan, a thump and a clatter,
I crawled out of bed not knowing how bad-a
Day it would turn out to be!
With java in hand and eyes finally open
I went to the laptop and was really hopin’
Some good news maybe to see.
Now a blog is a place somewhere in space
Where photos are left for to view,
But there is often a price, to be paid once or twice,
When you dive into some blogger’s stew!
And that was the case post tappin’ the keys
That took me to Daron & Jen’s blog with ease-
I could not believe my eyes!
For there lay the fact, so cold and painful,
For all to now see – Oh, so shameful!
The truth was complete surprise!
One better not look into someone’s old book
Unless they are ready to go
To places imagined or positions now taken
Where yesterday-preachers did sow.
Jen was reading the book – oh, my mama! –
By that devious rascal Barack Obama,
My heart just started to moan!
But with Kristy and Daron solidly “right”
As Republican conserves, ready to fight,
The battle was finally on!
As for now it’s still fun, as we watch them all run
With the future to be left in their hands.
And with audacious hope I’ll try to cope, with
What’s “left” in this once great land!
- Ten Bears
Post a Comment