Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008



Dogs, Dogs, Dogs

Photo by Molly Wald


Little Red and DogTown Manager Ed.



Needless to say, Daron and I are really enjoy living out west and being involved with all the animals at Best Friends. We are going to start going up on our days off and socializing & walking some of the dogs at the Sanctuary. They are all great and because I work with many of them when I take groups out to volunteer I have a few favorites. Daron and I have also enjoyed watching the National Geographic shows on Best Friends Dogtown. The vet that took care of Rodeo, Dr. Patti, is in many of them as well as all of our friends. In a small town you socialize with those you work with and you see them in the grocery store, gas station, Dr.'s office, pharmacy, bank and restaurants! The link to see when the Nat. Geo shows are airing again is http://www.bestfriends.org/dogtown/ I met one of the producers from Nat. Geo last night in the gym - small town what can I say? If it gets enough response then they will keep producing the DogTown series. Fingers crossed.


Photo by Best Friends
Best Friends also took in 22 of ex-NFL player Michael Vicks dogs. I was able to meet them today and I must say if Zeena was a nicer dog we would have one of these shy little love bugs in our house. We couldn't talk about them at all until the gag order was lifted but now it is lifted so we will be posting stories about them on our website. http://www.bestfriends.org/vickdogs/ All of them are shy dogs but crave attention. When you talk to them their little tags start wagging. One that I particularly liked had a face full of scars but he didn't seem to hold it against anyone. He was cuddly and loving and played with his ball and a kong that was filled with dog treats. He looked as though he was settling right in. It was hard to see the dogs that were anxious and pacing but hopefully in time they will settle down and realize that they now live in heaven and that their fighting days (or worse their bait days) are over.

No comments: