Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Middle Age & Concerts

?  Daron and I are going to see Blue October in June.  I feel like we are finally letting go a tiny bit of our helicopter parenting (hovering). Don't quote me yet because we haven't yet attended the Vegas concert. It's in June. So I bought tickets online to lock us into going.  They were $27.  A few days later I thought where are our seats?  Why didn't they give me options when I ordered?  

So I looked at the venue.  General admission. Standing room only.  How long is this concert going to be?  I started to panic!  I have to stand for 4 hours?  My back is going to be killing me.  Can they smoke at the venue?  Flashbacks of college bars with smoke billowing and my hair reeking of cigarettes all night and when I got home....   For $47 we could have gotten tickets in the balcony that allowed us "access to the bathroom, bar, outdoor patio..."  Um Hello?  I am a 46 year old woman I need access to the bathroom and if I don't want to be standing alone all night Daron needs a patio to go outside and smoke.  Then I showed Daron we decided if I couldn't upgrade our tickets it is imperative to buy a new set.  "Do they have snacks?  Are they gluten and egg free?" Daron joked. " Can I bring my bottled water?" What if they have a laser show and blinking lights that trigger a migraine? 

The place holds 3,000 people.   Our town has 3-5,000.   Oh my goodness.  After living in the country for 10 years I don't want to be around crowds.  Going to Target in St George which is 1.5 hours away  is crowd enough!  

No comments: