Art Show Sale
So the art show had been hung for ONE DAY and Addy got an offer on her rooster painting.
I asked her if she would sell it and she said "there is absolutely no way I will sell it." I told her that someone wanted to buy it because they liked it so much. "Let's get prints made" Addy responded very matter of fact. Why did I not think of that!
I asked her before the show if she wanted to paint a new picture for the show and she said "NO, are you sad that I don't paint anymore because I get too frustrated" she was spot on. If any part of the painting doesn't turn out like she wants she cries and refused to stop and take a break which only results in more frustration and tears. Where does she get this from!?!?!?! Ha ha.
June 11
When I pulled up in the driveway today Addy was looking forlorn. I asked her what was wrong and I started pulling weeds in the lawn.
"What happened to the tall grass on the side of the house that the lady bugs used to live in?" Addy asked.
"Well those were foxtail weeds and Daddy mowed them down." Yup I threw Dad under the bus. Actually, I didn't I explained that the foxtails were dangerous to dogs and we couldn't let them grow. Then I said, "There is a tree stump there so Daddy couldn't mow them so maybe they didn't grow this year."
She didn't buy it she said "They grew I can tell someone chopped them down." I mumbled something about the weed whacker and reiterated that they are dangerous for the dogs....
I said "I am sorry about this let's see if there are some lady bugs in the rose bushes. Are you feeling OK Addy?" She had been on antibiotics and gets emotional when she is sick.
She thought about this and said "I am just really disappointed" as a small tear rolled down her cheek.
Damn she is good.
Thursday, June 11, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment