Pages

Friday, October 17, 2014

School Library Story Choice

So this is the first time I had to go to the school to complain about something.  Addy was scared last night and she said that during their library visit they read a scarey book.  She started crying and said she didn't want her head to fall off.  WHAT?!?!?!?!? 



Needless to say I marched myself down to the library and asked to see the book.  I happened to run into another mother who's daughter also said how scarey it was.  We saw the book that "they read every year" to the kids.  I was mortified when she showed us the book.  This girl with a green ribbon around her neck  meets a boy, gets married, gets sick, her husband or doctor take off the ribbon and her head falls off.  THE END. 
I then talked to her teacher who we love and he said he had no idea what the librarian read but when the kids came back to class they were all scared and freaked out.  I plan to ask the principal not to read that one anymore.  We are in Utah for goodness sake!  I guess there is no coffee and no drinking but decapitation is ok!

No comments: