Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom! A February Spring?

Happy Birthday Mom! My beautiful Mom hit a milestone this year - well technically not until the 18th of the month.  She will always be 50 in my mind! She is still as positive, energetic and social as ever. 
Mary at 69 hiking the canyon!


My Uncle Mel has had a rough go of it with surgeries so we are praying he is on the mend and will be up and at 'em again soon. We love you Uncle Mel, Aunt Pam, Kris and Jon!!!!

The weather has been really really nice.  It feels more like spring.  Which is nice although I was hoping for snow so I could use my snowshoes again! Also our Alaskan Malamute is much happier in a foot of snow.  I am concerned that  the trees will start to bloom and the tulips will come up.  Daron said he saw some of the tulips starting to peek out.  Last year we had an early spring followed by a freeze which resulted in no apples, no plum cherries and no apricots for the season.  Bummer.  The year before I dehydrated apples and apricots and made jam out of the plum cherries.  It was awesome! 



Addy has her own style!
Lisa and I are definitely sisters.  I take my neighbors dog out for hikes, supplement her meals, line her dog house with hay and make sure she has clean water.  My sister does the same for many animals.  She has one dog in particular that she watches over.  She has inspired other officers to do the same.







No comments: