Today I became the husband of a 44 year old girl
I’m so honored to fill my place in her world
She paints, she pays bills, she makes our home
She teaches, she protects, she gets the dogs bones
She delivers, she picks up, she shops for all
She’ll watch Dr Phil but not Football.
She dreams, she reads, she waters our plants,
She cooks, she bakes, she washes our pants.
She loves, she cares, and arranges play dates,
After school every day she’s early and waits.
She knows of all birthdays, both family and friend
And she gets all the cards for me to sign and send.
She tells bedtime stories of book and of not
She cuddles with Addy even when she’s too hot.
A nurse, a teacher, a chef and a ride
Our daughter’s so set with you on her side.
She calls me her rock, but I’m sorry to say
I know I’d be lost without her every day.
It doesn’t seem fair that I just work and play
While she does all this day after day.
So what do I do on number 44?
I build her a greenhouse so she can do MORE.
Sufficed to say I’ll love ‘til the end
My wife, my rock, and my very best friend!
I LOVE YOU JENNIFER!
1 comment:
Very nice, and straight from the heart!
Post a Comment