Addy graduated from Pre-School and starts Kindergarten in August. I cannot believe how fast time is going. Almost six years after I lost Rodeo and ten months after we lost Zeena we have adopted not one but TWO dogs. Opal (which Addy pronounces OVAL) and Fast Eddie. Opal's owner lived on the Kaibab Pauite Reservation and Daron had met him and his dogs many times. When Opal's owner passed away Daron remembered how wonderful his Alaskan Malamutes and was interested in adopting one. They had 7 adults and 11 puppies. I refused to get a puppy but agreed to meet Opal. Addy really wanted a dog she could carry around but after meeting Opal decided a dog that could carry her around was even better. Fast Eddie was a California dog that was rescued by a Best Friends Trainer two years ago from a kill shelter. One of our old neighbors took him in but he is always rescuing dogs and his house was getting full. I told him we wanted a small dog that was good with cats, chickens, kids, that didn't bark, and loved to cuddle. We brought Eddie home two separate times and on the second stay we didn't want to let him go. He LOVES to cuddle and roll in the bed and he is so good on walks quiet and walked right next to you. However once we got Opal Eddie is a little more vocal on the walks. He knows he has back up I guess! Opal was 108 lbs when we got her and in less than a month was 98 lbs. It has been amazing to watch her go from slow moving to peppy and fit. We are sure she has been mourning her previous owner who loved all his dogs but she quickly adapted to her new digs. She is so quiet and calm nothing like our old dogs!
| Eddie and Opal choose to be in the same room with us. |
| Addy watching Patty (wildlife rehab) care for birds. |
![]() |
| Now I have to get THREE breakfasts before my coffee! |
![]() |
| had our carpet cleaned |
![]() |
| cutie |
![]() |
| Addy and Daddy planted flower pots |
![]() |
| Play Date! |
![]() |
| Tried the couch in the kitchen. Not so much... |
![]() |
| Dad worked in Salt Lake two weeks ago and got Addy a new bike. |
![]() |
| I am loving hiking with the dogs. |
![]() |
| desert flowers and an Alaskan malamute. weird! |











1 comment:
That is so great that you adopted one of Tony's dogs!
Post a Comment