Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Texas Ya'll



Addyson and I had a great travel day Dec 12.  We drove 1.5 hours from Kanab to St. George then hopped on a 2 hour shuttle ride to Vegas.  We then hopped on a plane for a 3 hour flight to Austin.  Addy met a nice little five year old boy and sat with him and his mom on the airplane.  I sat a row behind with his dad and little brother!  We then took a two hour drive from Austin to Inks Lake with Grammy and Grandpa.  Their house is lovely and Addy helped grandpa feed the family of foxes and deer.  We went and cut down a Christmas tree the first full day there and then Addy came down with a cold and ear ache.  Visit to the medi clinic. Fun times.  Two days later she was feeling better and Mom had to visit the medi clinic.  Fun times.  Luckily, Granny and Grandpa had LOTS of activities planned and Addy would wake up in the morning asking "What project are we working on today?"  While I laid in bed and watched Scandal on Netflix Addy did the following:
  1. puzzles with grandma
  2. lumber store with grandpa where he bought her a tool box and tools
  3. make a birdhouse, paint a birdhouse, hang a birdhouse
  4. paint, color, draw
  5. paint and decorate fairy houses
  6. create a fairy garden
  7. press cloves in lemon, limes and oranges
  8. decorate the Christmas tree
I am sure I forgot something but you get the idea! 

Dad flew in on Dec 19th. Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.  We had a chance to go to Austin and see my old house and stompin grounds.  Addy chose to stay with Grammy and Grandpa and do puzzles, move the Christmas tree and presents and go to Tamale King for dinner.  Addy, Daron and I also went to visit one of my very first Texas friends Danielle.  She lives near here and her daughter is an equestrian. Addy was able to ride her horse Cotton.  It was great to see her again and I hope she and her family come and visit us in Utah.






No comments: