Pages

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Moab Trip

I was so looking forward to seeing Moab and all was well until Friday night when I was so hot that my head felt like I was going to explode and Addy and I stayed in a cabin with hard beds and a communal bathroom - it was an rv park.  When will I learn that I don't like camping/cabining? Addy fell asleep at 5 p.m. on the way to the cabin and I hadn't eaten dinner yet.  I ended up taking her around town in the jogger so she could sleep while I found a place to eat.  It was hot on the patio so the entire meal I worried about her overheating and getting a fever.  The pizza I ate was amazingly good and the people are so nice in Moab!  I woke up Saturday with a terrible neck pain and I was sick to my stomach. I realized I was dehydrated and felt like I was going to die.  I also had all day to kill before we picked Daron up from the river.  Luckily it was overcast and they have an amazing library in Moab.  We spent most of the day at the library and Addy played with lots of kiddos.  After gatorade, water and pedialyte I finally felt better.  We had been at the swimming pool the day before and in and out of the hot car many times so although we were drinking water apparently it wasn't enough.  Needless to say I picked up Daron and we drove home that night even though we had a room in Moab for one more night.  It felt SO good to sleep in my own bed and go to physical therapy on Monday for my darn neck!  Next Moab visit will be in the fall with a friend who wants to ride the trails.

I found not one but TWO swimsuits in Moab at great prices too!
Big D rafting on the Colorado River with some of our good friends.

Addy and I went shopping in Moab while the group went down the river.
Daron found out Rob was a Raider fan too

Captain Rob


Her new deer/fawn from Moab and we had to bring the tigers from Kanab.

Pretending to be a cat.

Addy loved the bunk beds in the moab cabin.  We slept on the full size bed though.

No comments: