Pages

Thursday, September 01, 2011

Some Days...


There is a restaurant in St. George that says something like “God created kids so parents would welcome death.” I didn’t like it all that much until today. Today was one of those days. To be fair it started the night before. Addy fell asleep in her baby jogger around 9 which is early so I was thrilled. Unfortunately she woke up whining at midnight and two and four. What the hell? She asked me to “tell me a story not a book story.” So at midnight, two and four I told her stories. At two she wanted a story about birds very specifically a mommy, a daddy and a baby bird and at four a.m. she wanted a story about horses (I think) but again was very specific that the story had a mommy horse, daddy horse and a baby horse.
Luckily we slept in but that didn’t seem to help either one of us. We were both sleepy and when her friend Cedar came over her grumpiness came out. Every question I asked or Cedar asked resulted in a high pitch response that usually was a negative to whatever we were asking. I decided to tip all the furniture over and vacuum. Since Addy hates the sound of the vacuum I figured they could play in her room while I swept. When I brought this up to Addy she adamantly said “NO!” Since I was tired and grumpy myself I said “Fine” and turned on the vacuum. She screamed and cried and said “No I don’t want you to vacuum.” Again, I was in a bad mood and wanted to accomplish something this morning so I told her to go in her room or deal with it. The bottom line is I ended up dropping the couch on my toe. I sucked back screaming bloody murder and running down a roster of bad words. I yelled something at Addy went towards my room and told Cedar as politely as I could “I just hurt my foot I need to go in my room for a little while.” Poor girl. Usually I have a very chill house but not today. No not today. Addy cried and yelled and cried and eventually I felt so sorry for Cedar that I braved the waters again.
Addy and I were going to head up to my office and I wanted to get a sandwich on the way there. Addy didn’t want to do either. I was gathering all the stuff I needed for the office while she whined about needing a blue juice or another episode of Fishtranaut. Usually if she says she doesn’t want to go I pick her up and we go anyway and she is fine. Today with my broken toe, bad mood and insane child I decided to bag the whole idea. I was irritated. I crawled into bed and she came in. I almost fell asleep three times she never batted an eye. Ugh. She kept poking me and saying play with me. On a normal day I would play with her because I am a stay at home mom and that is what I do but today the last thing I wanted to do was play make believe. I wanted to sleep in quiet bliss.
Her buddy Brax came over and they played a little. Excellent I thought. Ya right. They started asking for a drink and a snack and then Addy wanted me to play with her. Ahhh why did I invite your friend over? To play with you! I made them dinner which they didn’t eat. I finally got ½ the meal down Addy but it was a struggle. Then as I cleaned up the kitchen I realized Brax had poured juice in the kitchen drawer, Addy had left a popsicle drenched napkin in her room, Brax spit on my leg (claiming it was an accident) and Addy basically whined about every little thing. The kicker was when Brax ran to the bathroom yelling “I have to poopy” with an urgency that scared me. Later that evening when I walked into the bathroom to take a shower I picked up with my BARE HAND what I thought was a red clay rock. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Needless to say, I am in bed and Daron is getting Addy her cheesy cracker minus the blue juice since I told them both it was too late for that. It ensued yet another crying fit. Whatever. I am hoping that he will remember to have her brush her teeth before bed and that she will eventually GO to bed. So much for my Preschool Training Bootcamp.

That reminds me the other day I told her I was ready for her to start preschool. I felt as though I have been touting it up forever. In fact, I have been talking about it since June. She replied “Ya, I can’t wait to see what all the fun is about.” I told Daron I probably built it up too much at this point.

No comments: