So the past couple of months Addy has been telling us what to say. It all started because ever since Addy was little Daron and I would make voices for all of her toys. For example, Mr. Zebra has worked swimmingly for getting Addy to put on clean clothes when Mom cannot.
Mommy: "Addy lets put this cute new outfit on."
Addy: "No I don't want to."
Mommy: "Addy it will look so nice."
Addy: "I doooooon't waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant tooooooooooooo."
Mommy walks to kitchen.
Mr. Zebra: "That is an awesome outfit I bet Addy would like to wear that."
Mommy: "No Mr. Zebra Addy said she didn't want to wear it."
Mr. Zebra: "I wish I could wear that cute outfit."
Mommy: "I know me to Mr. Zebra you would look so nice..." and then we are interrupted by the pitter patter of feet.
Addy: "I want to wear it."
Mommy: "Are you sure? I can hang it back up." (start to walk towards her bedroom)
Addy: "NO I want to wear it."
Addy puts on the outfit.
Addy: "Look at my new outfit Mr. Zebra."
Mr. Zebra: "Ohhhh you look so cute Addy."
Mom does the happy dance and all is great until I have to talk her into the next task at hand.
Daron and I have been horse from doing so many damn voices. In fact, Daron is so good at it that he has different voices for each one. All of my voices sound the same. Daron does a mob boss voice for the aardvark "Hey kid what'r you doing over dare?" "Hey kid, you seen any ants around here?" and my personal favorite the praying mantis with the Indian accent (from India not Native American). "I am in the sinking that dis bath is bedy good for me to be washing my little feeties in, no?"
Now when we are hanging out and she has a stuffed or plastic animal she will say "Mommy make Mr. Zebra talk." or "Daddy make Daddy Lion talk." One day she was crying ALL the way from the house to the park. It is 15 minute walk so it made for a long, long walk. I can't remember why she was crying but I am sure it is because she was playing with the neighbor and we had a play date at the park etc. It was a bit unnerving when seeing the park didn't make her stop crying. With no toy animals in site I busted out the following -
Mommy: "Hi Mr. Park sorry that Addy is crying but she doesn't want to play with you today."
Mr. Park. "Oh I am sorry to hear that I had saved her a spot on the swing."
Mommy: "Mr. Park that was so nice of you but I don't think she wants to swing."
Addy: "I WANT to swing."
Mommy: "Oh Mr. Park I guess Addy wants to swing today."
It went on and on and Mr. Wind was blowing like crazy so he had to talk and then Addy asked me "Mom is Mr. Wind friends with Mr. Park?" of course I said yes. When we left the park an hour or two later Addy asked "Is Mr. Sun friends with Mr. Park and Mr. Wind?" I am afraid this all might backfire when school starts. It is doubtful that her parents have a Mr. Zebra en all vocabulary.
This is D, we also have little smoke (from the backyard fire pit) who talks to Addy and tells her he's going up in the sky to make more clouds. He then tells her that he's getting together with his little wood friends that Addy and I have gathered to make Mr. fire. Once Mr. fire shows up he teaches all of the sassy little fox-tails a lesson for getting in Zeena's fur. Addy finds only the most sassy foxtails for me to throw in the fire.
![]() |
| foxtails have microscopic barbs |

No comments:
Post a Comment