Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Wonderful Mother's Day


I spent the day with my two favorite people! It started by opening cards from Addyson and one from Daron. Then we had a really good breakfast on the way to Zion National Park. We took the shuttle to the trail head (which happened to be the very last stop and a 35 minute ride) Addy started to get a bit impatient but held it together! Then we let her walk around a little before we put her in the back pack. She liked the back pack since she sits so high! She likes to look down on everyone. ha. I carried her because I wanted to burn the extra calories. Daron said that everyone would call him a lazy Dad but sucked it up for me! We did meet a couple from St. George that asked why I was carrying Addy and I gave them the whole calorie/exercise story. We met that couple because they alerted us that a squirrel had crawled in our backpack while we were sitting down by the water! The squirrels at the park are very tame and a bit chubby. Daron and I were laughing that they probably have squirrel meeting about the risks of heart disease and how "billy bob" the squirrel met an untimely death due to eating junk food from the tourist. I wonder if I should start a group for them? Ha. Daron and I ended the day by having a cool very overpriced beer in Springdale and some horribly over priced and not very good Mexican food. Luckily, the company was fabulous and Addy was exhausted and slept through the whole meal. We got a great photo of her! We are looking forward to Grandma and Grandpa Texas coming in a little over a week! Yippeee!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can relate to the last one! That's a jewel of a photo!

Kris_Ash_Cos said...

Looks fun.....Miss you guys!~Kris~