Sunday, February 18, 2007
Hello everyone, sorry I have not written in a while. I was in Denver Colorado at a Humane Educators conference from Feb 6 to Feb 11th. It was really nice weather in Denver but it was weird to be back in a big city. Lots of traffic, congestion, retail stores etc. I met some great people and got to visit the Dumb Friends League and Butterfly Museum. I got home on Sunday and hugged Rodeo, Zeena and Daron for an hour straight! I missed them so much. Unfortunately, my time at home was short lived. We had a family emergency so I flew out on Tuesday from Vegas. It was quite an experience - 1.5 hour drive to St. George, 2 hour drive in a shuttle to Las Vegas Airport. Wait 2.5 hours to take off, fly from Vegas to Philly approx 4 hours, Got to Philly and there was snow freezing rain etc. It was 4 o'clock in the morning Kanab time and 6 in the morning east coast time. They announced all flights to West Palm Beach were cancelled for two days. Cue the tears... I was a nervous wreck, anxious to get to the family. Then by the grace of God they got us on a flight to Ft. Lauderdale. Hallaloo ya! It is 37 miles from West Palm and the guy in front of me said his wife was picking him up and they would give me a ride. Thank goodness for the kindness of strangers. Of course, when I told my Mom this she wanted me to text her the make and license plate of the car just in case I was abducted. I told her that at this point I was sure the man was way to tired to abduct anyone. We sat on the runway at Philly for 2 hours deicing the plane. Then they announced that it was starting with the freezing rain again yada yada yada and again by the grace of God we were able to take off and 3 hours later we were landing in Florida. Sunny and 80 degrees. Things were looking up on the homefront as well so the 17 plus hours in route were well worth it. Besides driving, flying, walking in the direction you need to go is MUCH better than sitting by the phone worrying. I will be adding photos of my Moms 60 ish birthday celebration as soon as their friends send me the photos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment